Google Plus is not dead. Far from it. Sure it has had some ups and downs, more downs, but Google has invested too much into it for it to die off. For starters, Google plus has over 250 million users, 150 million of them are active users half of them sign on daily. It has growth rate of 33% a year, and all have have gmail account can have a google+ account and there is almost half a million gmail users!
Those numbers aren’t bad. Of course as an SEO and search marketer, one should not ignore power of “Authorship” for organic results and power of +1 endorsements for google adwords extensions.
So what can Google+ do for you and how can marketers take a advantage of it better? Below is an infographic that gets into the details visually.
How to Use Google Plus for Marketing
Infographic Summary in Text
How to Use Google +
Why Use Google +
- For Marketing
- Google+ has over 250 million users
- Google+ has over 150 million active users
- 50% Google+ users sign on daily
- Google+ has a 33% growth rate per year
- All Gmail users have a Google+ account
- 450 millions Gmail users
What Can Goolge+ do for you?
- Get your business on Google
- Your Goolge+ page allows customers to find you on all Google platforms – Maps, Google+, or just through a basic search.
- Make sure customers are getting the right information
Ways to share content
- Post to Google+ Profile
- Google+ communities
- Send an E-mail to Your circles
How to Boost Your Business on Google+
- Include keywords on your about page
- User Google+ Events
- Google Hangouts.
Utilize Google+’s Apps : (one good ad is) +PostAds
- Turn posts into web banner ad (Interactive)
- Results in 50% MORE ENGAGEMENT than normal advertising
- Google Ads Account for 64.6% of Clicks
- Google+ circles
- Target Traffic to your posts
- +1’d content
- Allows people to recommend a site or post
- Increases click through rate
- Top Google result gets 36.4% of clicks
- The +1Button on websites gets over 5 Billion Hits/ Day
- Allows Sharing and commenting from outside Goolge+
- Google Hangout
- Group Video Chats with up to 9 other people
- Youtube integration
- Youtube has become the 2nd largest search engine
- 6 Billion Hours of youtube videos watched monthly
- Google Drive
- Share Information with your Google+ audience
- 120 Million Google Drive Users
- Extends Life of Content
- Share Your Google+ Posts on Your Blog
- Google+ embedded posts
- Helps reach target audience
- Soundcloud is integrated into Google+ (Upload, record, Pormote, and Share original sound)
- Google Authorship
- SEO Benefits – This makes the author’s picture appear next to the their blog posts in Google search results
- Results in higher rankings and an increases click through rate
- Google+ is best for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Google Owns 65-70% of search engine market shares
- Google serves 25% of internet traffic in north america.
- There are over 3.6 billion internet searches everyday
- There are over 2.1 trillion Google reaches in 2013
- Search is the main traffic driver to content sites (300%) beating social media by 300%
- SEO leads have a 14.6% code rate
- SEO leads 14.6% outbound leads 1.7%
- 75% of internet users never scroll past the first of search results
- For Google users, 18% of organic clicks go to the first result that appears.
- 10% of organic clicks go to the second result.
- And 7% of organic clicks go to the third result.
The credit for research and creation above Infographic goes to QuickSprout.