The demands of enterprise SEO are ever-changing. Search engine algorithms, mobile technology, and user expectations are constantly in flux—and large companies must evolve and adapt their SEO strategies accordingly. So where are enterprise SEO professionals left as we head deeper into 2018? There are a few important enterprise SEO practices that larger companies must follow if they want to find ranking success—among them mobile-first development, a focus on speed and performance, security, content, and PR.
In this post, we’ll walk you through each of these enterprise SEO tips and provide a basic blueprint for large-scale SEO success in 2018.
5 Enterprise SEO Tips for 2018
1. Design for Mobile First
It’s no longer enough to say that mobile is a “priority.” Mobile is absolutely vital; Google now actively penalizes sites that are not made with mobile in mind!
- Ensure a website that looks good across all devices and browsers.
- Remember, mobile-first means fast-loading pages, and that may require AMP.
- Ensure that all important information is above the fold—meaning mobile users won’t need to scroll.
- Think of the mobile version of your site, not the desktop version, as the primary website for your business!
2. Focus on Speed and Performance
It’s imperative to have a website that loads quickly. Some enterprise SEO tips to keep in mind:
- Most users won’t wait longer than two to four seconds for a page to load.
- Again, AMP can be a critical way of ensuring pages that load rapidly.
- Run a speed test, and if you don’t like what you see, remove slow-loading elements, such as large images or video files.
- Remember: Speed and performance are key factors for user experience—and that’s important both for rankings and for conversions.
3. Emphasize Security
Google places a lot of emphasis on security. It wants to reward sites that offer users a safe and secure experience. Of course, users also value security, especially on sites where they are conducting transactions or sharing their personal information.
Some enterprise SEO guidelines to keep in mind:
- SSL/https is a must—the single best way to show your users that you take their security seriously.
- For e-commerce sites, you might include additional verbiage indicating that you’ve provided secure check-out options.
- Again, security is an important way to boost both SEO and conversions, so it’s something to prioritize.
4. Create Valuable Content
Enterprise SEO emphasizes the full consumer journey. As such, you’ll want to develop content that engages users no matter where they are—doing initial research, moving through the sales funnel, or even preparing to make a decision.
Some content creation and enterprise SEO tips:
- Provide plenty of informational content on blogs and resource pages, educating the consumer about your industry.
- Put sales content on sales pages, educating consumers about your products or services.
- Include customer service pages that provide supportive content.
- Don’t forget that PPC ads are another important way to deliver content to users at different stages in their consumer journey!
5. Hire a PR Agency
A final enterprise SEO tip to keep in mind: Bring in a public relations company that can help you form relationships, build links, and develop buzz surrounding your brand.
In particular, you will want to enlist a PR agency to do your link-building for you. Frankly, most SEO agencies do a pretty poor job of link-building and may even resort to black hat practices. The best way to get good results is to foster an ongoing relationship with a PR agency.
Look for the Right Enterprise SEO Agency
One final point to consider is that enterprise SEO is really a full-time job in and of itself, requiring the constant recalibration of strategy, review of data, and response to real-time events. While there is much you can do internally, it’s still wise to bring in an enterprise SEO agency to lend a hand.
Sefati Consulting Group is a leading name in enterprise SEO. In addition to these enterprise SEO tips, we can provide you with a strategy that’s tailored to meet your business needs. Consult with us about your enterprise SEO needs today; reach out to Sefati Consulting Group!