Interested in enterprise SEO? Well, you must first know what enterprise is and also know that there are a few critical steps that will help you establish a truly effective, long-term enterprise SEO strategy. And at the very high-level, those are summarized below:
1. Ensure to collect relevant data
2. Define and set your budget
3. Develop a proper content marketing strategy
4. Do not neglect technical SEO
5. And more (read for bonus tip).
Learn more in the latest post from Sefati & Company, a well-regarded enterprise SEO consulting company.
5 Essential Building Blocks of Enterprise-Level SEO
Every business benefit from high search engine visibility. Simply put, having prominence in online search results is the best way to spread brand awareness, and to be “found” by your target consumers. With that said, the specifics of search engine optimization can vary from company to company.
Larger organizations have especially robust needs, calling for a holistic approach to enterprise SEO. Enterprise SEO might be defined as a large-scale, strategic approach to search engine visibility, focused on meeting the complex business goals of a larger corporation.
By its very nature, this type of SEO work is highly involved. Ultimately, most larger companies benefit from enlisting an enterprise SEO agency. Additionally, there are a few simple steps that can be taken to lay the foundation for an effective enterprise SEO initiative.
Five Building Blocks for Enterprise SEO
- Do your research. A good place to begin is by performing SEO research on products and services offered, on competitors, and on the broader market. Ensure that your chosen keywords account for all of the stages of the consumer journey (awareness, consideration, conversion, and advocacy), all of which are equal in their importance.
- Determine the right SEO budget. SEO isn’t free, no matter what novices may think. Sure, you don’t pay for ad dollars, but you spend time and resources. SEO is cheaper and more sustainable in the long run than other forms of digital advertising, but you still need to make some decisions about the type of investment you’re willing to make. (This is especially true if you intend on hiring an enterprise SEO company.)
- Create content. Build content for your enterprise website that draws from your SEO research and complies with your SEO budget.
- Get the technical details right. Ensure that your technical and on-page SEO work is solid. Things like page speed, Core Web Vitals, mobile usability, and user experience are essential for finding favor with Google’s search algorithms. Other on-page SEO factors include meta tags, image and content markup, etc. It’s crucial to get even the smallest details right, as that’s where you’ll find your competitive advantage. Again, this is where an enterprise SEO agency may provide invaluable insight.
- Build trust and authority. Have a PR and outreach plan to earn natural backlinks. Do not be tempted to buy links or work with link-building companies who often buy links on your behalf. Such cut corners can be detrimental to your progress.
Bonus enterprise SEO tip: Work closely with your in-house marketing team, product development team, and customer service team. Collaboration with them is essential, as it provides you with the data you need to build better content for all steps of the consumer journey. You’ll need all hands-on deck if you wish to achieve your enterprise SEO objectives.
Schedule Enterprise SEO Consulting
Enterprise SEO requires careful strategy. We’d love to tell you more about how to get started with your enterprise SEO plans, and even to discuss the details of enterprise SEO consulting. Schedule a FREE 15-minute meeting with our team by calling us today.