The holiday season is fast approaching, and the time to implement an SEO strategy is now. The question is, what last-minute efforts can you make that will yield results? Learn more.
SEO Tips for the Holidays
The holiday season will be here before you know it, presenting businesses with unique opportunities to capture leads and generate conversions. To do so will require a strategic SEO focus, and hopefully you’ve already laid the framework you need. But if not, don’t panic; there’s still time to put some seasonal SEO infrastructure in place. Below are five tips (and a bonus) for getting your holiday SEO efforts under way.
Prepare Your SEO for the Holiday Season
- Focus on high ROI keywords. Often, SEO takes some time before it yields results… but if you’re trying to capture holiday traffic, time is in short supply. What we recommend is that you focus on high ROI keywords, particularly those that have proven themselves able to convert. You may want to work with a paid search team or an analytics expert to identify the keywords you need.
- Identify relevant keywords for the holidays. Additionally, we recommend that you use holiday-related keywords within your content. For example, write content that plays into consumer trends, using keyword phrases like Christmas Sale, Xbox Project Scarlett, etc.
- Blog about your holiday offers. Because Google likes fresh content, blog posts may get more visibility than your product pages. Our suggestion is that you blog about your holiday offers, then link to the products you’re promoting.
- Post holiday hours. Make sure business profiles (Google My Business, Bing Places, Yelp, etc.) have your correct information and accurate holiday hours. If you are a localized business (that is, you have a brick and mortar store), make sure your NAP (name, address, phone number) data is consistently displayed across all of your online assets.
- Improve page speed. If you have neglected page speed of your website, the holiday season is a good time to improve it. It’s important not just for your SEO but also for the user experience.
Bonus Tip: Work closely with your paid search and social team to discover trending opportunities you can optimize; and, think about how you can help each other to increase traffic and sales. Taking an integrative approach is very effective, especially during the holidays.
Now’s the Time to Focus on SEO for the holidays.
The holiday season is a make-or-break season for many businesses, and a smart marketing is an SEO focused one that can give you the leg up that you need. It is true that SEO takes too long to kick in, but if you focus on the things that matter, as presented in this article, you’ll have a higher chance of success