Your business invests ample resources into its SEO presence—and naturally, you want to ensure that your efforts are yielding results. That’s what makes it essential to regularly consult with SEO analytics and reporting; when interpreted properly, such data can be invaluable to you in making your SEO more efficient and more effective.
The problem is that generating reports can almost be a full-time job unto itself. Thankfully, Google Data Studio now makes it easy for you to automate your SEO report generation. And when you partner with either Sefati & Co or our affiliate company, Analytics Clarity, we can provide a full spectrum of studios based around this incredible Google technology.
Why Automate Your SEO and Digital Marketing Reporting?
There’s a simple case to be made for report automation: It will save you time, allowing you to invest that time in other value-adding activities.
Automation has opened a lot of doors for SEO and marketing professionals to take mundane, recurring tasks and remove them from their plate completely. That can make your life a lot easier, but a lot of SEOs still haven’t embraced automation’s full benefits.
As you consider the possibilities of SEO report automation, just stop and ask yourself: What are some of the basic, repetitive tasks that you find yourself doing every day, or every week? These tend to be the tasks that can be easily automated, and Google Data Studio is one of the best ways to do it. Consider how much time you spend on these tasks—and what else you could use that time for if it suddenly became open to you.
What is the Google Data Studio?
Once you decide to pursue automation, the next question is how you’ll do it. We recommend Google Data Studio, and for a number of reasons—but first, what is Google Data Studio?
Google Data Studio is made up of three basic components:
- Data sources – Including Google, Partner, and Custom connectors.
- Reports – A visualization of your data sources.
- Explorer – A quick view of data sources without having to build them into reports.
Essentially, Google Data Studio allows you to:
- Determine the data sources and metrics that are important to you.
- Turn those data sources into visual reports, including whatever kinds of graphs, tables, or charts are most helpful.
- See changes to those reports in real-time, allowing you to dynamically track your SEO assets.
- Customize your reports with branding information, including your company’s logo, fonts, colors, etc.
- Quickly share reports with key stakeholders in your organization, including the C-suite.
Again, with some initial setup, Google Data Studio will allow you to automate all of these functions—ensuring you always have access to high-quality, real-time reporting, and with a very minimal time sink.
The best way to get going with Google Data Studio is to enlist the help of SEO reporting experts. To learn more, we invite you to reach out to Sefati & Co for a full SEO consultation, or to our sister company Analytics Clarity if you have specific questions about setting up your report automation.