If you’re seeking success in real estate, an important first step is seizing the most important online properties—the highly visible Google SERP slots that make you more easily “discovered” by local buyers and sellers.
There is no magic formula or secret strategy to enhance SEO for real estate agents, but there are some tried and true methods that have been proven to generate results.
We’re happy to share some of those with you. As a leading real estate SEO expert, Sefati Digital endorses the following five-step approach.
SEO for Real Estate Agents: 5 Tips
- Promote your brand online. Hopefully, the real estate brokerage you work for has a robust online presence—but that’s ultimately not enough. It’s vital for real estate agents to have their own stand-alone presence, and to promote that presence aggressively. That means having your own website, separate from the brokerage’s website. It also means creating online profiles on major real estate directories—including Zillow, Trulia, etc.
- Handle your technical SEO needs. There is a lot of technical, on-site optimization you’ll need to do to be sure your website fares well in the Google rankings. These technicalities include keyword optimization, meta data, schema markup, and more. This is one area where hiring a real estate SEO expert may really become invaluable.
- Ensure hyper-local content. The more narrowly and specifically you can localize your content, the better. This means you need to have content not only for cities in which you have active listings, but also specific communities and neighborhoods. For example, if you are a real estate agent in San Diego, then you want to have content for each individual area such as La Jolla, Coronado Island, Old Town San Diego, and so forth. Some agents even target specific subdivisions in which they want to get listings; this can be a worthwhile strategy.
- Do some offline promotion, too. Think marketing is entirely digital these days? Think again! Local networking is important for generating word of mouth, which can translate into more search engine activities. Signs, banners, and attendance at local networking events can all be important strategies.
- Build links and citations. One of Google’s most highly-prioritized SEO signals is backlinks. The more relevant, authoritative links you can earn to your website, the better. We wrote an entire article on real estate link building that we hope you’ll find valuable.
Learn More About Our Real Estate SEO Services
Real estate SEO is a full-time job—and when done right, it can make you the Realtor of choice in your community. Don’t leave that up to chance. Hire real estate SEO services that have a track record of real results.
We invite you to consider Sefati Digital. A leading expert in localized SEO, we have worked with countless agents and brokers to deliver improved search rankings and online visibility.
Learn more about how our real estate SEO services can bolster your brand. Contact Sefati Digital at your next convenience.